I am a first-year Ph.D. student in Text Mining Group, The Chinese University of Hong Kong(CUHK). My advisor is Prof. Lam Wai. Prior to that, I obtained the B.Eng degree from School of Data and Computer Science, Sun Yat-Sen University in 2016, where I worked closely with Dr. Rao Yanghui and began my research career of natural language processing. You can contact me via email.
- Aspect-based sentiment analysis
- Deep learning and its application on natural language processing
- Supervised and unsupervised aspect extraction
2018-present, Research Intern, NLP Group@Tencent AI Lab. Mentor: Dr. Bing Lidong.
2015-2016, Research intern, Knowledge Computing Group@Microsoft Research Asia. Mentor: Dr. Lin Chin-Yew and Dr. Liu Jing
2014-2015, Research assistant, SentiNet Group, Sun Yat-Sen University. Supervisor: Dr. Rao Yanghui
Publications & Manuscripts
Xin Li, Wai Lam. Deep Multi-task Learning for Aspect Term Extraction with Memory Interaction. To appear in Proceedings of Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP 2017, Oral; CCF B).
Xin Li, Haoran Xie, Yanghui Rao, Xuebo Liu, Tak-Lam Wong, Fu Lee Wang. Social Emotion Classification Based on Noise Aware Training. To appear in Data and Knowledge Engineering Journal (DKE Journal; CCF B, SCI).
- Huijun Chen(#), Xin Li(#), Yanghui Rao. Sentiment Strength Prediction Using Auxiliary Features. 26th Internation World Wide Web Conference, Perth, Western Australia (WWW 2017, Oral; CCF A). [pdf] [slides] [code] (# denotes equal contribution)
Xin Li, Yanghui Rao, Yanjia Chen, Xuebo Liu and Huan Huang. Social Emotion Classification via Reader Perspective Weighted Model. 30th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Phoenix, USA (AAAI 2016, Abstract & Poster). [pdf] [poster] [full version]
Xin Li, Haoran Xie, Yanghui Rao, Yanjia Chen, Xuebo Liu, Huan Huang, Fu Lee Wang. Weighted multi-label classification model for sentiment analysis of online news. The 3rd International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp 2016, Oral). [pdf] [code] [slides]
Xuebo Liu, Shuang Ye, Xin Li, Yonghao Luo and Yanghui Rao. ZhihuRank: A Topic-Sensitive Expert Finding Algorithm in Community Question Answering Websites. The 14th International Conference on Web-based Learning (ICWL 2015, Oral). [pdf] [slides]
- Zewei Wu, Yanghui Rao, Xin Li, Jun Li, Haoran Xie and Fu Lee Wang. Sentiment Detection of Short Text via Probabilistic Topic Modeling. DASFAA Workshops 2015 (DASFAAW 2015, Oral). [pdf]
Honors & Awards
- Jun 2016, Outstanding Graduates Awards, Sun Yat-Sen University
- Jun 2016, Excellence Award of Stars of Tomorrow Internship Program, Microsoft Research Asia
- May 2016, Excellent Undergraduate Thesis award, Sun Yat-Sen University. [pdf (in Chinese)]
- Sept 2015, Second-class Merit Scholarship, Sun Yat-Sen University (top 5%)
- Apr 2015, Best Paper Award (DASFAA Workshops 2015)
- Sept 2014, Second-class Merit Scholarship, Sun Yat-Sen University
- Secondary Reviewer: NAACL 2018, the Web Conference (previous “World Wide Web Conference”) 2018, WSDM 2018, CIKM 2017, Statistical Analysis & Data Mining Journal
- TA: SEEM-3550: Fundamentals in Information Systems, 2017 Spring
- TA: SEEM-4630: E-Commerce Data Mining, 2016 Fall
- TA: MIE-151: Software Design II, 2015 Spring
- TA: MIE-121: Design of Digital System, 2014 Fall
- TA: MIE-111: Discrete Mathematics, 2014 Spring
- Playing basketball