I am a second-year Ph.D. student at CUHK Text Mining Group. My advisor is Prof. Lam Wai. Prior to that, I obtained my B.Eng. degree from School of Data and Computer Science, Sun Yat-Sen University in 2016, where I worked closely with Prof. Rao Yanghui and began my research career of natural language processing. I also worked with Dr. Bing Lidong and Dr. Li Piji at Tencent AI Lab on natural language generation (NLG). You can contact me via email.
- Natural language text generation
- Deep learning and its application on natural language processing
- Jan 2018-Apr 2018, Research Intern, NLP Center@Tencent AI Lab. Mentor: Dr. Bing Lidong.
- Jul 2015-Jun 2016, Research intern, Knowledge Computing Group@Microsoft Research Asia. Mentor: Dr. Lin Chin-Yew and Dr. Liu Jing
- Sep 2014-July 2015, Research assistant, SentiNet Group, Sun Yat-Sen University. Supervisor: Prof. Rao Yanghui
Publications & Manuscripts
- Xin Li, Lidong Bing, Wai Lam, Bei Shi. Transformation Networks for Target-Oriented Sentiment Classification. In Proceedings of 56th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, Melbourne, Australia (ACL 2018, Oral). [pdf][arxiv][dataset][code][slides]
- Xin Li, Lidong Bing, Piji Li, Wai Lam, Zhimou Yang. Aspect Term Extraction with History Attention and Selective Transformation. In Proceedings of International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Stockholm, Sweden (IJCAI 2018, Oral). [pdf][arxiv][dataset][code][slides]
- Xin Li, Wai Lam. Deep Multi-task Learning for Aspect Term Extraction with Memory Interaction. In Proceedings of Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing, Copenhagen, Denmark (EMNLP 2017, Short Oral). [pdf][slides]
- Xin Li, Haoran Xie, Yanghui Rao, Xuebo Liu, Tak-Lam Wong, Fu Lee Wang. Social Emotion Classification Based on Noise Aware Training. To appear in Data and Knowledge Engineering Journal (DKE Journal).
- Xuebo Liu, Shuang Ye, Xin Li, Yonghao Luo and Yanghui Rao. ZhihuRank: A Topic-Sensitive Expert Finding Algorithm in Community Question Answering Websites. The 14th International Conference on Web-based Learning (ICWL 2015, Oral). [pdf] [slides]
Honors & Awards
- Jun 2016, Outstanding Graduates Awards, Sun Yat-Sen University.
- May 2016, Excellent Undergraduate Thesis award, Sun Yat-Sen University.
- Reviewer (or PC Member): EMNLP 2018, AAAI 2019
- Secondary Reviewer: CIKM 2017,2018, WSDM 2018, WWW 2018, KDD 2018, NAACL 2018, ICDM 2018
Some Useful Notes & Links
- Playing basketball